Consumer confidence drives the pace of ADAS and AD development. This presentation will unveil some critical issues surrounding safety and performance that are evident today, why they affect customer confidence, and how they can be addressed to accelerate greater safety and autonomy.
What the audience will learn
- The sensor fusion and perception software directly impact the safety and performance of ADAS and AD
- Sensor performance is ever evolving, each type fulfilling a function based on level of autonomy and redundancy is extremely important.
- Sensor limitations and degradation issues are highlighted in harsh conditions but can be overcome with better fusion and perception software.
- Low-level fusion helps mitigate the impact of a malfunctioning/degraded sensor, providing better detections and fewer false alarms for small obstacles.
- Suited for on-road and off-road applications, Low Level Fusion is the future of perception.